Okra Gel: New Recipe for Healthy Curls
Riddle us this, CurlMixer:
What’s green, clean, and fits perfectly into the holiday scene?
We’ll give you a hint: it’s good for your gumbo and good for your curls.
Veggies are good for your health, and in this case, they’re also good for your hair health!
When we discovered Okra Gel to craft our September Fresh, Daydream Revitalizing Hair Kit, we knew we had to keep this ingredient in our cookbook.
The same way our older relatives pass down Thanksgiving recipes for meals, we’re going to pass down a CurlMix DIY Okra Gel recipe for your curls!
Benefits of Okra Gel for Natural Hair
- Provides moisture and nourishment to your strands (super essential during the colder months!)
- Full of properties, amino acids, and vitamins that keeps your scalp clean and healthy
- Provides a great slip to your curls, allowing detangling to go a lot smoother
- Helps to decrease frizz
Who would have figured that okra would be such a hit for your stomach and your curls??
DIY Okra Gel Recipe for Natural Hair
What you’ll need:
- 6 pieces of Okra
- Preferred Essential Oil (optional)
- Cut up the pieces of Okra horizontally and toss them into the pot of water.
- Bring the pot of water to a boil and simmer it carefully on low heat.
- Inside the pot, the mixture will be turning into a sticky gel texture. Once it’s reached that consistent texture, turn the heat completely off.
- To help mask the smell of the okra, drop a few drops of your essential oil into the mixture. (Optional)
- Once the mixture has cooled down, pour it into the strainer. Afterwards, it’ll be good to use!
How to Use Okra Gel for Your Natural Hair
Looking to give your Pure Aloe Vera Shampoo extra slip? Mix a small amount of the okra gel with your shampoo to give your strands an extra clean wash.
Don’t rush into the holidays with a head full of tangles and knots! Instead, take some extra time and extra product to thoroughly detangle your curls.
Add a small amount of okra gel to either your Pure Grapeseed Oil Conditioner or Deep Conditioner. After applying to your hair, use the Flex Brush to gently detangle your strands. Be sure to rinse out afterwards!
Give your favorite CurlMix products a little holiday cheer by including this DIY gel into your hair routine.
Let us know which other recipes you’re looking forward to using this holiday season: