Rosa Recommends: Our Christmas-Inspired DIY Body Product
CurlMixers, join us on a trip down memory lane…
When CurlMix first started, we created Do-It-Yourself subscription boxes. Curated monthly, we provided recipes and materials for you to create goods that delighted your curls and your body. Not only did our CurlMixers enjoy the creative spark of mixing up their own products, but they loved the amazing results from the clean ingredients.
Our CurlMixers voiced their favorite scents and products that had been featured in our subscriptions, and we decided to turn their favorites into staples, such as our Pure Flaxseed Gel and Pure Avocado Moisturizer! Our best-selling boxes evolved into a prominent product line that continues to provide clean beauty. At the heart of it all, we’ve remained true to our essential foundation: the art of DIY.
Rosa, our Operations Manager and OG CurlMixer, recognizes the value of keeping the DIY trait instilled at CurlMix.
“Our customers love simplicity as well as clean products,” Rosa says. “That’s always in the front of our minds when formulating [products].”
As our Operations Manager, Rosa has plenty of experience in compiling ingredients together to create stunning and polished products. “A lot of our ideas come from everyday struggles that us women encounter,” Rosa adds.
When it comes to efficient and enhancing DIY products, Rosa definitely knows best! As a last-minute holiday gift, we want to share with you one of her original DIY recipe: whipped mango butter.
“During the winter months, a lot of people struggle with moisture due to the weather change,” Rosa says.
Whipped mango butter acts as a phenomenal moisturizer if you’re struggling with dry skin during this time of year. A few benefits include reducing scars and treating eczema; that’s a win-win in our book!
If you’re an OG CurlMixer (like our pro Rosa!), you may remember this original DIY recipe. If not, take some time to indulge yourself with this sweet holiday treat. Keep reading below to see the recipe that Rosa recommends:
Whipped Mango Butter
- ½ cup of Shea butter
- ½ cup of Mango Butter
- 2oz of Coconut Oil
- Preferred Essential Oil (for the holiday season, we suggest adding peppermint!)
- Electric Mixer
- Cut the Shea and Mango butter into small pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Using a spoon, smash the butters down inside the bowl until you have a paste-like texture.
- Add in the Coconut Oil slowly before stirring the butters and oil together.
- Using your electric mixer, whip everything together for about 5 minutes (or until it has a nice whipped consistency).
- Add in a few drops of your essential oil and whip everything together one last time using the electric mixer.
- Enjoy! To preserve the Whipped Mango Butter for later use, place the butter in a container to be held in the refrigerator.
We hope you enjoy this crafty DIY product for the holiday season. Are you a huge fan of DIY projects? Have you achieved any recently? Let us know down below in the comments!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *