Social Media Coordinator - Job Opening
JOB TITLE: SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
CLASSIFICATION: FULL TIME SALARIED
(INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR 60 DAYS)
REPORT TO: CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
HOURS: 9AM - 5PM CST
RATE: $40,000< ANNUALLY
CurlMix is a beauty brand dedicated to education. At our fast-paced start-up, we specialize in E-commerce and curly hair. We’ve earned recognition that is unprecedented in our industry. We’ve appeared on season 10 of the Emmy award winning show, Shark Tank. We were recently featured in Forbes and made the Forbes 30 Under 30 list. CurlMix is leading the beauty industry and we are one of the fastest growing start-ups in the space.
The Social Media Coordinator schedules all content to be distributed via social media. This may include managing multiple brand Instagram accounts, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube etc. This role isn’t responsible for the creation of this content, but it will lead the distribution of it. This will require writing and reviewing captions, as well as organizing the content and presenting the team with a layout and plan for posting.
We expect this role to work ahead, 30, 60, and 90 days out. You’ll manage a minimum of two accounts and are expected to post to each at least twice a day.
We are looking for someone with superb attention to detail. We are looking for someone with excellent grammatical skills and someone who is extremely organized with an eye for design. Someone who has worked remotely before or worked as a freelancer is ideal.
We are not looking for an agency or someone with multiple clients. You would only work for CurlMix and no other brands.
We also expect this role to engage with customers in the comments within an hour of each post on every platform. Initially, the platforms we focus on are Instagram and YouTube. You will not need to manage Facebook initially. This role will however expand to Twitter and Pinterest. We also expect this role to respond to ad comments/direct messages and within 24 hours on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest. You’ll meet with the team on a weekly basis at 9am Monday Mornings and communicate weekly with the Content Manager & Chief Marketing Officer to ensure we are aligning marketing efforts.
- Scheduling daily posting for multiple Instagram accounts
- Scheduling daily posting for multiple Twitter accounts
- Scheduling weekly posts for Pinterest
- Scheduling weekly posts for YouTube
- Reply to all social media comments and actively engage with our customers
- Ensure all DM’s have a 24-hour response time
- Ensure you are linking to products when possible to help monetize channels (in posts and messages)
- Ensuring that you are pushing customers to the quiz
- Commenting on advertisements
- Attend weekly meetings to discuss promotions and plans with the Marketing Team
- Produce monthly analytics report about what’s working, what isn’t and how we can improve
- Set monthly goals and develop a plan to get there
This role is not a fit for someone who has never managed a brand social media account. We are looking for someone who has worked with at least two brands in the past.
Please submit your resume, two references, and a cover letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please title the subject “I’m your next Social Media Coordinator”.