Easy DIY Deep Condition Treatment for Curls
If you can’t remember the last time you gave your curls a deep condition, now is a great time to treat them!
In the spirit of craft, we have the perfect solution for you: DIY deep conditioner!
Here at CurlMix, we’re life-long fans of DIY (all of our products were created through DIY!).
Don’t go through the stresses and tresses of finding a deep conditioner at your local beauty store; instead, look deep inside your heart (er...more like your kitchen) to create some moisturizing magic.
For this DIY deep conditioning recipe, we’re going to be featuring two kitchen favorites: honey and olive oil!
Olive oil is another multi-purpose ingredient that produces stunning results.
Dr. Isfahan Chambers-Harris, a trichologist, told BYRDIE that “Olive oil is one of the top emollients because not only is it packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and healthy fats, it makes for a perfect relief to a dry, itchy scalp.”
Together, honey and olive oil make a dreamy duo for a DIY deep conditioner.
However, if you’re looking to take the hydration up a notch (which is what we recommend!), combine these two with our conditioner during your DIY crafting. (Your curls will thank you!)
Here is the recipe for the DIY Deep Conditioner of your dreams:
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of conditioner (highly recommended)
- Mix together the honey, olive oil, and conditioner in a safe, microwavable bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully coat the mixture onto your curls before placing a plastic cap on.
- Let the mixture sit for 15-30 minutes. (To intensify the moisture, we recommend sitting under a hooded dryer!)
- Rinse the mixture out and style as usual! (Style by using our Pure Avocado Moisturizer and Pure Flaxseed Gel.)
Have you ever tried this DIY deep condition treatment before? If not, what are some you have tried? Tell us your thoughts down below!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *